I just love this piece. For the girls out there - good with jeans, good with a dress. Enough said. For the men- here's a way to get a Valentine's Day present for your wife or girlfriend that you didn't pick up from the grocery store on the way home from work on February 14th. (Love at home, people. Love at home.)
So, about BluHour - the owner, Brooke, lives here in my fair city of Portland, Oregon with her husband and dog. She has been designing and selling jewelry since she was a child and set up her Etsy shop to keep up with her passion for art and design. As you will see, when you visit her shop, she's all about sparkly things and stuff that feels vintage... but with a modern twist.
Her "must have" pants? Jeans. My kind of girl.
Three things I love about BluHour-
1. I like pretty things. All of the pictures on Brooke's site are really well done.
2. The Bee Charmer necklace. This came in a close second to Tweet. (I went with Tweet in honor of my son.)
3. Reasonably priced. ("Tweet" normally sells for $24 plus shipping.) You'd think that buying handmade stuff would be a lot more expensive than buying from chain stores or whatever, but it's totally not. You can find some really good deals by buying straight from the artist.
Winner or not, you'll want to take a peak at this shop and get your Valentine's shopping done early.
So, how do you enter? Well...
To be entered in this month's giveaway please visit BluHour and then hustle your pants right back here and-
- leave a comment about your favorite BluHour piece. Doing that gets you ONE ENTRY and ONLY ONE ENTRY. (No duplicates please, that's cheating.) Please leave your email address so that I can contact you.
- If you just can't stand losing and would like to rack up some additional entries, listen up. You can earn ONE ADDITIONAL ENTRY EACH by becoming a follower of Rants In My Pants (my blog must show up on the "blogs I'm following" portion of your dashboard or it doesn't count, if you are currently a follower you qualify for this), linking to the giveaway from your blog or website, posting a link to the giveaway on Facebook, Tweeting about the giveaway, and/or writing a post on your blog about the giveaway or about Rants In My Pants (or both). Make this a separate comment (just write "follower" or "linked from" ... etc.) or it will not be assigned its own number when I go to pick a winner and you will lose one of your chances.
- If you purchase something from BluHour in January (2010) you will earn 5 ADDITIONAL ENTRIES. (I'll need an invoice number or some other type of verification so that I can double check with our sponsor. Like I said, I don't want cheaters to prosper.)
YOU MUST post a separate comment for each entry. If you don't, don't blame me when you don't get your rightful chances. I will use random.org's random number generator to pick our winner. The winner's name will be posted on Rants In My Pants and will be notified via email. They will have 24 hours from the time of the post with the big announcement to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within the time limit, everyone (except the "too bad for you" winner) will stand up and cheer, because we'll try again with the random number, claim it within 24hrs. thing.
The deadline for entering this giveaway is January 19, 2010 at 5:00 pm PST. The winner will be posted on January 20th 2010.
This giveaway is open to US residents only.Must be 18 to enter. If you're not 18, get your parent to enter for you.